200 Poplar RoadReturn To Projects
CreateTO, together with the City’s Corporate Real Estate Management division, is working with the Toronto Lands Corporation to finalize the terms of a land exchange agreement, authorized by Toronto City Council in 2019¸ related to the property at 200 Poplar Road.
The site is home to Sir Robert L. Borden Business and Technical School, which closed in June 2016.
The land exchange will allow the Toronto District School Board to take stratified title to a new elementary school in the Housing Now development site at 770 Don Mills Road and will enable new city-building opportunities to be explored at the 11.98-acre property located at 200 Poplar Road.ub servicing the needs of the local community while allowing the City to explore city-building opportunities with other City-owned properties nearby.
- Major Intersection: Kingston Road and Lawrence Avenue
- Surrounding Uses: Residential and retail to the north; residential to east, Eastview park to the south; and residential to the west.
- Ward: Scarborough-Guildwood
- Councillor: Councillor Paul Ainslie
- Site Area (acres): 11.92
- Past Use: Surplus Toronto District School Board High School (Sir Robert L. Borden Business and Technical School - closed June 2016)
- Proposed Use: Mixed-Use