[SOLD] 253 Markham Road & 12-30 Dunelm Street
This site was sold and this project page is no longer being updated.
What started off as lands acquired by the City of Toronto for a Scarborough expressway has turned into a redevelopment of a full six-acre block. Build Toronto (now part of CreateTO) has assembled several parcels of land to explore development opportunities to reintegrate the sites back into the local community. On the vacant and underutilized land, we have created a vision for a residential neighbourhood with mid- and low-rise housing, including affordable ownership housing units. We will be introducing an affordable housing program that will assist first-time home buyers in purchasing a townhome in this development. The early concept discussions include dedicating one of the six acres as a community park.
DetailsMajor Intersection: Markham Road and Eglinton Avenue East
Surrounding Uses: The CNR corridor and Scarborough Golf Course to the north; low-density residential to the east and west; and a mix of low- to high-density residential uses to the south.
Councillor: Paul Ainslie
Site Area (acres): 6
Past Use: Vacant
Proposed Use: Residential
Official Plan - Land Use Designation: Neighbourhoods
Planning and Staff Reports:
- Provide for a range and mix of housing types
- Appropriately transition to the neighbouring residential neighbourhood
- Integrate affordable housing as part of the residential component
- Create a new park space, integrating new connectivity for pedestrians
- Redevelop the underutilized parcels of land
- Appropriately infill and intensify
- Minimize the visibility of parking