[SOLD] 30 Tippett Road
One of three commuter lots at the Wilson Subway station that has been declared surplus for transfer to Build Toronto (now part of CreateTO), this site offers the opportunity to create a new pedestrian-focused community. The site has been used as a commuter lot for the past approximately 30 years and now, with a development partner, redevelopment is underway.
Over the course of two transactions, we sold the Tippett Road project to Shiplake Properties.
The site will be transformed into a four-building, 900-unit development which will also offer a new community use, a new 5,000 sq. ft. daycare, a new 0.38-acre parkland and a gathering piazza, all while connecting to the Wilson subway station through new and improved walkways. The transit-oriented development will include 100 affordable rental and 100 affordable ownership homes.
DetailsMajor Intersection: Allen Road West and Wilson Avenue
Surrounding Uses: Wilson subway station's TTC commuter lot to the north; industrial to the east; Highway 401 to the south; and Allen Road to the west.
Ward: York Centre
Councillor: James Pasternak
Site Area (acres): 5.6
Past Use: TTC commuter parking lot
Proposed Use: Residential
Official Plan - Land Use Designation: Regeneration Area
Planning and Staff Reports:
- Tippett Road Area Regeneration Study - Final Report
- Final Staff Report - Zoning By-law Amendment
- Final Staff Report - Draft Plan of Subdivision
- Provide a well-integrated and master-planned community on higher-order transit
- Create new public park space
- Create a new road network and block pattern that promotes walkability and non-vehicular modes of transportation
- Improve access to Wilson TTC subway station through investment in privately owned open space