50 Wilson Heights Boulevard
One of three commuter lots at Wilson Subway station that has been declared surplus for transfer to Build Toronto (now part of CreateTO), this site offers the opportunity to create a new pedestrian focused complex. The site has been used as a commuter lot for the past approximately 30 years. The vision for redevelopment is an introduction of more sustainable uses for an underutilized parcel that has been focused on serving vehicular traffic. There is an opportunity to achieve a true integration of a mix of uses that would best use the higher-order transit at this location. We are also working to incorporate an affordable housing component within the development.
DetailsMajor Intersection: Allen Road and Wilson Avenue
Surrounding Uses: An established low-density residential neighbourhood to the north and east; high-density residential developments, low-density industrial and office buildings and additional TTC commuter parking to the south; and Allen Road and the Wilson subway station to the west. Downsview Park and Downsview Airport are northwest of the site, and Yorkdale shopping mall is located on the south side of Highway 401.
Ward: 6 - York Centre
Councillor: James Pasternak
Site Area (acres): 8
Past Use: TTC commuter parking lot
Proposed Use: Mixed-use including residential and retail
Official Plan - Land Use Designation: Regeneration Area
Planning and Staff Reports:
- Provide a well-integrated community on higher-order transit
- Create new public park space
- Create new road network and block patterns that promote walkability and non-vehicular modes of transportation
- Focus on integrating employment through commercial and retail uses
- Improve access to Wilson subway station through investment in privately owned open space